Identifying, Developing, Advancing, and Supporting Women in Higher Education
- Join with more than 40 other Michigan institutions that are members of the statewide group actively supporting the advancement of women in higher education. Michigan has been an active member of the ACE Network since 1978, and is one of 43 affiliates nationally.
- Appoint a woman leader from your institution to the statewide council of Institutional Representatives, which meets twice annually. Your representative will receive a notebook containing extensive information regarding Michigan and national ACE initiatives of the Office of Women in Higher Education to help guide your campus programs and connect her with other leaders nationally.
- Receive the new E-newsletter distributed to Institutional Representatives, sharing information about ACE Network activities at various institutions in Michigan and nationally, along with opportunities for professional development and professional advancement.
- Nominate women from your institution for the annual Distinguished Woman in Higher Education Leadership Award (presented to Jacqueline Zeff, UM-Flint, 2002, and Nancy Barker, Northwood University, 2001).
- Provide opportunities for professional development, leadership training and networking for women, including participation in the annual statewide conference, attended by more than 200 women in 2002.
- Promote career development, advancement and support of women leaders, at the state, national and international levels.
- Access the most current research and publications about women in higher education at both the state and national levels.
- Enable women faculty and staff to remain current regarding national issues and to access expertise regarding challenges facing institutions of all types.
- Strengthen and support women’s initiatives on campus.